The rescue the You’ll Find Me With My Dog team has chosen for the month of October will definitely pull at your heart strings (It did ours)
Peaceful Passing’s Senior Animal Rescue, based in Virginia, is a rescue that commits to helping senior dogs (and cats) live out the last of their years the happiest and most comfortable they possibly can!
Their mission is to save senior animals from unnecessary euthanasia and if possible, rehome them into a loving family who will help them live out their life in peace and tranquility. They average 60 seniors a year who all get any medical treatment needed before being introduced to the other seniors living at the rescue. Please take a read of Peaceful Passing’s Senior Animal Rescue bullet points outlining exactly what they do for each of these precious seniors.
- We accept broken bodies and make them healthy again, regardless of the cost.
- We take broken spirits and make them whole, after years of trauma, neglect, and abuse.
- We work with the scared and the mistrustful, and show them that there are humans who do care, and we help them heal emotionally.
- We look at the heart and work from the heart. We don't focus on what is going "wrong", we focus on what is going right. We look past scars, imperfections, age, deformities, and limitations.
- We give second chances to animals that had little hope of survival and would no longer be with us if we did not step up and advocate on their behalf, accepting them into our rescue.
- Most of all, they will never be unwanted again. We will make every effort to re-home a senior animal, but if never adopted, they will remain with us if necessary, for the duration of their healthful lives. They will live as part of our family and know that they will never be unwanted again.